We are currently looking for a Senior Project Architect to join our team.
About Flynn Battaglia
Flynn Battaglia Architects is a design and planning firm providing creative and responsive solutions to human environments, focused on educational and cultural projects. Our experience includes both new and historic buildings, campus and community planning, building science and interior design work. The firm emphasizes a highly interactive design approach, engaging building owners and users, and delivering enhanced value to clients based on this shared process of discovery. Flynn Battaglia Architects offers competitive compensation and benefits, including health insurance with a medical reimbursement plan, Simple IRA and profit-sharing plans, and flexible work schedules, as well as a range of professional growth and development in a partner-track with ownership opportunities
We view design as an applied science which fulfills basic human requirements through the use of creative ideas, natural and man-made materials, technology, color, and art. At the core of our practice is an ability to assist the client in shaping a design vision that enables clients to see the reality of projects, as well as unexpected opportunities. Opportunities include spatial, financial, and aesthetic enhancements which are brought to the attention of clients through frequent communication and conscientious service in a collaborative process.
Working with us, you will:
- Lead a team of architects to complete technical documents for projects of complex nature including higher education, historic preservation, community and government.
- Prepare, coordinate, and complete construction documents packages.
- Lead day-to-day construction administration activities including coordination with the contractor, owner, and consultants to maintain project progress.
- Mentor, provide oversight, and monitor the work performed by project staff.
- Establish and execute project work plan and staffing requirements.
- Develop trusted relationships with clients.
- Participate in recruiting and performance management of staff.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience
- LEED AP preferred, Architectural Registration required
- Working knowledge of building engineering systems; can successfully engage with consultants in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with clients and build client relationships and trust
- Strong mentoring, written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- High proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of SketchUp, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience leading and collaborating with other architects and project teams
- Demonstrated understanding of code implementation and jurisdiction review
- Demonstrated understanding of construction practices and methodologies
FBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.